PREempt™ for Aestheticians
Empowering Aestheticians with Unparalleled Disinfection!
Table of Contents
Ensuring a clean and germ-free workplace is essential to safeguard the health and well-being of both you and your valued clients. To help you uphold the highest standard of infection control, we have compiled a comprehensive list of measures to create a safe and secure space for everyone.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Skincare Equipment
Aestheticians use various types of machines or devices to enhance skin treatments and provide advanced skincare services. It is important to note that any device that comes in contact with a client’s skin can get contaminated and infect others, including you. Germs can be spread to items that get touched during the treatment. Proper cleaning and disinfecting routines should be followed to guard against germs while protecting your expensive assets from harsh chemicals.
While PREempt’s gentle formulation is compatible with most hard non-porous materials used on non-critical areas of skin treatment machines, it’s best to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and procedures.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Surfaces
To ensure a safe experience for your clients, infection prevention is key. Now you can be confident that your disinfectant protects your equipment investments and maintains fast turnaround times while killing pathogens. To clean and disinfect non-critical areas of skin treatment machines and devices after every client appointment, PREempt Wipes are recommended on this sensitive equipment.
Clean and disinfect after every client service or treatment and include all areas your staff or clients touch.
Surface Disinfection Protocol
- Apply PREempt RTU Spray, Wipes or diluted Concentrate at 1:40 dilution (25mL Concentrate per 1 L water) to the surface. Remove any visible dirt or debris from the surface or equipment prior to disinfecting.
- Allow the surface to remain wet for 3 minutes for PREempt RTU/Wipes and 5 minutes for diluted PREempt Concentrate to kill viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- Leave to air dry. If desired, wipe any excess solution using a clean cloth after the required contact time has been achieved.
Ideal for disinfection of
- Treatment Areas
- Chairs and Counters
- Body & Skin Equipment (Non-critical surfaces)
- Laser heads, tips and wands (Non-critical)
- Reusable UV Eye Goggles
- Warming Equipment
- UV LED Lamps
- Foot baths
- Magnifying Lenses & Lighting
- Sample Bottles & Containers
Reprocessing Tools and Instruments
Most tools used for esthetic services may come in contact with non-intact skin which is more susceptible to acquiring infections and the tools may become contaminate with blood or other bodily fluids; therefore, these tools are more likely to transmit pathogens.
Treat tools with a higher level of care when it comes to cleaning and disinfection to ensure a safe and healthy salon environment that also meets state regulations.
Reusable tools that can be disinfected are generally made from hard non-porous materials (stainless steel, hard plastic or glass) and are able to endure frequent cleaning and disinfection between uses. All single-use tools must be disposed of after each client and must not be reused on the same client or on another client.
Reusable Tool Protocol
- Clean tools using water and detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Fully immerse tools in PREempt HLD5 for 5 minutes or in PREempt CS20 for 20 minutes. Re-use solution for up to 14 days. *
- Rinse tools with water and dry manually using a clean cloth or disposable towel. Store in a clean container marked “DISINFECTED.”
*The solution must be discarded after 14 days or sooner. You can validate the reuse solution by using AHP2 Test Strips for HLD5 or AHPO7 Test Strips for CS20.
Ideal for disinfection of
- Comedone Extractors
- Reusable hard plastic & metal tools
Showcase That You Care
Stand out from other salons and spas by communicating that you are prioritizing client health and safety. Here are a few ways to achieve that:
- Display signs or posters promoting hand hygiene in your practice.
- Inform your clients that you have thoroughly cleaned and disinfected your workstation and tools before their service and encourage them to ask any questions or voice concerns, they may have.
- Present your nail tools in a case labeled "disinfected/sterilized" or in a sterile pouch in front of your clients.
- Use PREempt tent cards at each workstation to indicate that the area has been cleaned and disinfected.
- Apply PREempt decals on your storefront window or door to showcase your commitment to cleanliness.
Let your clients know you have their safety top of mind in your facility, on your website, on social channels, and on other marketing materials.
Keep It Green
Salons or Spas increasingly adopt eco-friendly practices and products to prioritize environmental sustainability. By choosing PREempt disinfectants, you already use a biodegradable formulation with an active ingredient that naturally decomposes into water and oxygen. This ensures that when you dispose of any used liquid, there is no environmental harm or accumulation. In line with its commitment to sustainability, PREempt has introduced Refill Wipes, allowing you to reuse your empty wipes canisters and significantly reduce plastic waste. Not only does this approach reduce plastic usage by 90% — compared to purchasing new plastic canisters — but it also helps you save money in the process.
Look for ways you can introduce more sustainable practices in your salon or spa, PREempt Wipe Refills are a great place to start.
Knowledge is Power
Knowledge is the best tool to combat germs and prevent the spread of infections. By reaching this point, you have already taken a significant step in becoming aware of the risks and learning how to mitigate them. Expanding your education is crucial, and obtaining our free Infection Prevention Certification is a great place to start. Upon completion, you can create your own customized certificate in the name of your salon or spa or have your staff get individually certified. Additionally, consider taking more in-depth courses to enhance your knowledge and expertise in infection control.
Get your salon or spa Infection Prevention Certified and display your elevated knowledge in your facility for your clients.
Following and implementing the best practices in your everyday routines can ensure a clean, safe, and germ-free environment for your staff and clients. Your commitment to maintaining high standards of infection control will not only protect everyone's health and set your facility apart as a professional and trustworthy establishment.
Each province and territory in Canada regulates Personal Service Establishments and publishes guidelines that must be followed. Additionally, certain regions and municipalities have by-laws that must be complied with. These regulatory bodies ensure that personal service workers meet specific educational requirements, maintain ethical standards, and provide safe and effective care to their clients. It's important for personal service workers in Canada to be familiar with applicable guidelines and maintain professional standards, including adherence to proper cleaning and disinfecting practices.
View list of regulatory bodies for personal service workers in each province and territory in Canada.